Most popular actor in Marathi and Hindi films, Nana Patekar was born as Vishwanath Patekar in Murud-Janjira in Raigad District of Maharashtra. After his primary schooling at his birthplace, he later moved to Mumbai and studied from Sir J.J. Institute of Applied Art. His interest towards stage , brought him into acting profession. He attained name and fame through the Marathi play ‘Purush’. This brought him offers from Marathi and Hindi films. Nana Patekar was married to Neelakanthi Patekar and they have a son Malhar Patekar.
Soon, after entering into Hindi films, he established himself, among the top actors of Bollywood, because of his acting and peculiar dialogue delivery style and winning about 10 popular awards for either the best or supporting actor category. Three of the awards he won, were national awards. In the Marathi film ‘Natasamraat’ , which is releasing on 1st January, which is also his birthday, he has found a lifetime role.
In September 2015, Nana established an NGO , Naam Foundation , with another Marathi actor Makarand Anaspure, which works to provide aid to farmers, to overcome by drought conditions in Maharashtra, India.
Nana Patekar's FilmographyGad Jejuri Jejuri
Pak Pak Pakaak
Dr.Prakash Baba Amte
Celebs SpeakView All
Credit Goes To My Director For Shaping Me As An Actor - Akash ThosarI Have Reduced 12 Kgs For The Film!
Working In 'Laal Ishq' Was A Beautiful Journey - Anjana SukhaniThe Actress Has Been Working To Improvise Her Marathi
All My Artistes In The Film Have Displayed A Great Team Work - Bharat GaikwadThe Talented Director Awaits The Release Of His Upcoming Project Bhobho
- Na.Sa.Te Udyog | Starts from 29th October, Every Sunday at 9 PM. | Only On Zee Talkies
- Animationchi Jadui Duniya | Up | Sunday 17th May
- Katyar Kaljat Ghusali | September 04, 2016 | 12 pm & 7 pm only on Zee Talkies
- Maharashtracha Favorite Kon 2014 coming soon only on Zee Talkies
- Gajar Vitthu Mauleecha – A devotional event by Zee Talkies
- Maharashtra Desha | Sunday, 30th April at 6.00 PM & Monday, 1st May at 12.00 Noon